Jun 10, 2011

September 2009 - How everything started

In September 2009 we visited a caravan show in Germany. We were looking for camping gear as we have travelled with our Citroen Campervan already for quite a while. At a multimedia show we learned about Seabridge a travel agency specialized in organizing self driven motorhome tours through the world. Alexandra was immediately excited and so was I and we asked for a brochure. I was not really fond of driving to China what we saw at the show, my big dream was always to cross Africa. We were lucky and met Renate and Roger, the tour guides for a trip through Africa. Our concern was our car and the trip should already start end of November 2009. Roger told us what would be necessary and that he thinks that with our car it could be managed, because we would travel in a group and would get assistance, when we get stuck or have problems. Now our heads were full of ideas and we planned to go to a Seabridge meeting, where we would meet other people who might have interest in that trip. One big problem we still had. Alexandra was working, and she had to get off for 5 month, which we were not sure she would get. I was self-employed which makes things easier. And there was our dog Tara, who must come with us. We were not sure if we could take her across all these borders. I had her from a puppy and she was used to travelling as I produce travel documentaries - so that would be no problem for the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment